Paul pogbaOld Trafford’s time could be over with reports Manchester United are set to leave the French star.
by Marca The front page reveals that the Premier League club will not offer him a new deal until the January transfer window, allowing his contract to end and expire at the end of the season.
Despite a positive start to the campaign, it is reported that trust has been lost between the two sides for several months, pushing the 28-year-old midfielder towards the exit.
And Real Madrid are the club looking to capitalize on the unrest as they begin their approach to bring Pogba to the Santiago Bernabeu, with reports that the LaLiga club are now confident they will secure a deal on the line.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
08:48 GMT: Leicester City Manager Brendan Rodgers has denied being interested in the Manchester United job as pressure builds on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
ESPN last month reported that Rodgers was a potential replacement for the Norwegian after impressing figures from Old Trafford during his short tenure at Leicester.
Rodgers, 48, signed a long-term contract in 2019 at King Power Stadium and reiterated his desire to stay at the club at a press conference on Thursday.
Asked about the speculation, Rodgers replied: “First of all, it’s really disrespectful of you to ask when there’s a manager in place at the club.
“Secondly, I can’t really talk about it because it’s not real. I’m proud to be here at Leicester City. It’s frustrating for the fans and my players, but from a personal point of view, it’s something that is part of modern gaming, but something that I don’t focus on at all.
“I have enormous respect for Khun Top [Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha] and the protection of his father’s inheritance. I feel like I’m in the right place, at the right time, with the right people. “
08:00 GMT: Former Barcelona technical secretary Ramon planes is in the running to become Newcastle United‘s new director of football, sources have told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.
Planes, 54, left Barca earlier this week after agreeing to terminate his contract, which was due to expire next summer, with the Catalan club.
Sources told ESPN he was approached by Newcastle as the Premier League side narrowed their search for the role to a handful of names. Former Chelsea and Monaco sporting director Michael Emenalo is another contender, with sources also adding that there is at least one more option on the table.
Planes has already worked in England. He was technical secretary at Tottenham between 2014 and 2015 when Mauricio Pochettino was White Hart Lane coach. Before Spurs he held a similar position at Espanyol and then worked for Elche, Rayo Vallecano and Getafe before joining Barca in 2018. He first worked alongside Eric Abidal at Camp Nou and, more recently, under the direction of general manager Mateu Alemany.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– The Karim adeyemi the saga continues with reports that its representatives met Paris Saint-Germain on Thursday, according to Sport 1. A standoff over the FC Salzburg star’s signing has been going on for several months with Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig also keen to land him, but it’s unclear where the 19-year-old striker will end up as his agents continue. to market it in elite European clubs.
– PSG seek to take the lead for AC Milan Franck Kessie, writing Mercato on foot. The report says the Ligue 1 club are in the best position to strike a deal for the 24-year-old midfielder, who could leave San Siro as early as January, with French media revealing that he has been looking to sell his home in Milan for a few weeks.
– Calciomercato reveals that AC Milan offered a new contract to Alessio romagnoli worth 3.5 million euros per season after the last meeting between the two sides. The 26-year-old has been a priority for the renewal of the Serie A squad since the start of the season, with his current term expiring next summer. He has maintained his starting place this season, playing 12 games in Serie A and the Champions League.
– Genoa look to strengthen the midfielder with the signing of Stanislav Lobotka, according to Nicolo schira. Head coach Andriy Shevchenko is keen on the 26-year-old star who has only made two Serie A appearances for Napoli this season, with negotiations set to begin in the winter transfer window.
– Another from Calciomercato here, as a journalist Rudy Galetti reveals that Xavi simons has been linked to AC Milan by agent Mino Raiola. The 18-year-old midfielder’s future has been on hold lately with concerns over his ability to make regular first-team appearances, and it looks like Raiola has used his meeting with his club to see if the Italy is a potential. landing point for the Netherlands international junior.